Unique

EXHIBITION

Experience the History very close

Come over and step into the footprints of German, English, American and Russian pilots. Be inspired by the bravery of the pilots – learn more about the major milestones of aviation. Get in touch with original airplanes like Messerschmitt Bf 109, Mustang P51, Supermarine Spitfire and Focke Wulf 190.

Piper Super Cub PA-18

MANUFACTURER: Piper Aircraft, Inc.

SERIAL: 182546

BUILD YEAR: 1950

ENGINE: Continental C-90

ENGINE POWER: 90 PS

APPLICATION: Trainer aircraft

For many years the Piper Super Cub PA-18 has been considered to be one of the most important and popular trainer aircraft due to its non-problematic flight qualities.  Like its predecessor aircraft the PA-18 aircraft was used for military purposes, then called L-18. Our Super Cub (factory serial number 18-2546) is one of the oldest and well-preserved ones in Europe.  In 2013 this special Super Cub aircraft could be bought for the collection of Hangar 10 where it is used for instruction flights, charter flights and guests’ flights.

Mustang P-51TF

MANUFACTURER: North American

SERIAL: 44-63473

BUILD YEAR: 1944

ENGINE: Packard-Merlin V-1650

ENGINE POWER: 1649 PS

APPLICATION: Fighter- and trainer aircraft

Our Mustang aircraft (factory serial number 44-63473) was built as a P-51D-20-NA aircraft in Inglewood/CA in 1944 for the US air force.  After having been repeatedly damaged and subjected to major repairs the aircraft was mainly used at the West Coast of the USA beginning in 1950. In the course of a general overhaul in 2000 the aircraft was modified to become a two-seat trainer aircraft version (TF). Since 2011 this aircraft has been a part of the collection of Hangar 10.

Spitfire Mk18

MANUFACTURER: Supermarine

SERIAL: 6S-676372-165

BUILD YEAR: 1945

ENGINE: Rolls-Royce Griffon 65

ENGINE POWER: 2050 PS

APPLICATION: Fighter aircraft

This Spitfire aircraft (factory serial number 6S-676372-165) was built in the year of 1945 for the Royal Air Force and flew with the No. 9 Squadron RAF. The MkXVIII aircraft is a special version for aerial reconnaissance and was in service for the Indian Airforce  beginning in 1948. After its major overhaul   this original aircraft flew as a privately owned aircraft in England and in the States again. Since 2015 this Spitfire Mk XVIII has been supplementing the collection of Hangar 10.

Polikarpow PO2 (CSS13)

MANUFACTURER: Polikarpow

SERIAL: 430

BUILD YEAR: 1952

ENGINE: Schwetzow M-11D

ENGINE POWER: 132 PS

APPLICATION: Multipurpose aircraft

The U-2 aircraft was originally designed to be a trainer aircraft. Over the years it was increasingly used for different purposes due to its flexibility. The maiden flights of the prototypes started on 7th January 1928. The ease of its operation and maintenance as well as its tremendous flight autonomy led to its serial production beginning in 1930. About 44,000 aircraft of the Po-2 type were built worldwide which means that it is one of the mostly built aircraft at all. The aircraft on display in Hangar 10 was built after World War II as a licensed aircraft in Poland (factory serial number 430).

Bü131 Jungmann

MANUFACTURER: Bücker Flugzeugbau

SERIAL: 49

BUILD YEAR: 1939

ENGINE: Hirth HM-504

ENGINE POWER: 105 PS

APPLICATION: Trainer aircraft

Our Bücker aircraft, Bü Jungmann 131 B, its factory serial number is 49, was built as a licensed aircraft in the Dornier-Werke Altenrhein GmbH in Switzerland in 1939.  It was in service for the Swiss Air Force until 1971 as a trainer aircraft and an aerobatic trainer aircraft.  In 1976 a private owner took it to Germany where – after a partial revision in Southern Germany – it became part of the collection of Hangar 10 in Zirchow in 2011.

Bü133 Jungmeister

MANUFACTURER: Bücker Flugzeugbau

SERIAL: 51

BUILD YEAR: 1937

ENGINE: Siemens SH-14

ENGINE POWER: 160 PS

APPLICATION: Aerobatic aircraft

Our Bücker 133 C, factory serial number 051, was built as a licensed aircraft in the Dornier-Werke Altenrhein GmbH in Switzerland. It is an aircraft of the type which had been fit with a 7cylinder radial aero engine beginning in 1937. The engine Sh14A achieves 158 hp and provides the aircraft with enough power for flying aerobatic figures adding to its very good flight qualities.

Storch Fi-156 D2

MANUFACTURER: Gerhard-Fieseler Werke

SERIAL: 2299

BUILD YEAR: 1944

ENGINE: Argus As 10C

ENGINE POWER: 245 PS

APPLICATION: Ambulance aircraft

This is an aircraft featuring particularly good STOL qualities and an outstanding capacity for extremely slow flights. The type in the collection of Hangar 10 is an original built in Kassel in the 1937ies (factory serial number 2299), version D-2, as an air ambulance aircraft for the transportation of two stretchers and the seat for the paramedic (behind the pilot’s seat).

Messerschmitt Bf108

MANUFACTURER: Messerschmitt

SERIAL: 146

BUILD YEAR: 1941

ENGINE: Argus As 10E

ENGINE POWER: 270 PS

APPLICATION: Touring aircraft

In the beginning the Bf-108 aircraft had been designed and built as a competition aerobatic aircraft. Later the Bf-108 aircraft was advanced to become a luxurious airplane travelling really fast at that time. The German pilot Elly Beinhorn had already won the Round Europe Flight in 1934, i.e. the year of the maiden flight of this type. In addition to further technical refinement of details of the features of the type  the Bf-108 also served as an experimental carrier for some technical innovation transferred to the fighter aircraft Bf-109.

As a travel aircraft the Bf-108 was fairly in advance of its time. The Bf-108 aircraft of Hangar 10 was built in the year of 1942 (factory serial number 146) and its colors  are the historic ones of an aircraft manufactured by Willy Messerschmitt.

Messerschmitt Bf109 G-6

MANUFACTURER: Messerschmitt

SERIAL: 440738

BUILD YEAR: 1943

ENGINE: Daimler Benz DB605A

ENGINE POWER: 1475 PS

APPLICATION: Fighter aircraft

This Bf-109 G-6 aircraft (factory serial number 440738) had originally been built in the Neustädter Flugzeugwerke in Vienna in 1944. However, the aircraft already crashed near Matzleinsdorf close to Melk (Austria) on 29th May 1944. Along with the wreck of the aircraft its original aircraft data plate was retrieved and used for its rebuilding which Michael Rinner started and completed to a large extent in Austria in 2007. The Air Fighter Academy  assumed the responsibility for this project in 2013. In the summer of 2018 the airworthiness of the aircraft could finally be re-established.

Messerschmitt Bf109 G-12

MANUFACTURER: Messerschmitt

SERIAL: 15208

BUILD YEAR: 1944

ENGINE: Rolls-Royce Merlin 500

ENGINE POWER: 1600 PS

APPLICATION: Trainer aircraft

This two-seated Bf 109 G-12 (factory serial number 15208) was built by the company of MeierMotors in 2016 on the basis of the fuselage of a Spanish licensed aircraft (identical with the G-6) which had been built in 1954 using numerous original components of the Bf 109 G-6/G-12 aircraft. It is now fit with a Rolls Royce Merlin engine. In the period of time between 1943 and 1945 they only built 117 aircraft of the original Bf 109 G-12  by means of retrofitting existing G-4 and G-6 aircraft.

The aircraft is now owned by the Messerschmitt Foundation and is operated and maintained in Hangar 10 for the pilots’ training of the foundation.

Messerschmitt Bf109 G-14

MANUFACTURER: Messerschmitt

SERIAL: 462707

BUILD YEAR: 1944

ENGINE: Daimler Benz DB605A

ENGINE POWER: 1475 PS

APPLICATION: Fighter aircraft

A typical feature of the G-14 aircraft is the so-called “Erla hood” with the “Galland-Panzer”, i.e. a bullet-proof glass pane behind the pilot’s head. Our Bf 109 G-14 aircraft was manufactured by the Erla company in Leipzig in 1944 (factory serial number 462707). On 21st November 1944 it was downed by a B-17 bomber near Hanover/Wülferode. After its recovery in 1997 the aircraft was rebuilt and tested in the period of time between 2016 and 2018.

Fw190 A-8

MANUFACTURER: Focke Wulf Cottbus

SERIAL: 170389

BUILD YEAR: 1944

ENGINE: Schwetzwo ASH 82

ENGINE POWER: 1900 PS

APPLICATION: Fighter aircraft

Our Fw 190 A-8 (factory serial number 170389) had originally been built by the Focke-Wulf Flugzeugwerke in Cottbus and rolled out to the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) in 1944. It flew in the  Fighter Squadron 1  “Oesau” in East Prussia. The A-8 was the first Fw 190 fit with a new propeller with paddle blades made of wood. The aircraft A-8 was also fit with some of the blown hoods for the cockpit developed for the fighter bomber F-2 type of the FW 190 aircraft. Moreover, the new hood featured improved bullet-proof glass panes and a reinforced support of the pilot’s head armor. In addition to  many original components of the Fw 190  the original aircraft data plate of our aircraft was used for its rebuild. The aviation authority has authorized this project as a rebuild due to the sound documentation. After substantial rebuilding works the aircraft has been considered to be airworthy again since August 2019.

Pilatus P-2

MANUFACTURER: Pilatus Flugzeugwerke AG

SERIAL: 75

BUILD YEAR: 1950

ENGINE: Argus AS410

ENGINE POWER: 465 PS

APPLICATION: Trainer aircraft

The Pilatus company had already started this in-house development for the Swiss Air Force in the end of 1943. The aircraft was used for the pilots’ training for flying the air fighter Bf-109 and it was the first aircraft built by the Pilatus company. As the company did the maintenance works for the Ff-109 fleet of the Swiss Air Force they used different components of the Bf-109 aircraft for building the Pilatus P-2 aircraft. Until the year of about 1950 they built a total of 54 aircraft of this type, and only a small number of them are still airworthy these days. One of them is the P-2 (factory serial number 075) which is part of the collection of Hangar 10.

ENTRANCE FEES

Children

Free
until 10 years
Entry to exhibition (Except Groups)
Directions & Contact

Adolescent

8
11-17 years
Entry to exhibition
Directions & Contact

Adults

10
above 18 years
Entry to exhibition
Directions & Contact
Design & Umsetzung: Eßlinger Werbeagentur